For all blackjack lovers out of there, there is something important to know when you decide to play this game online. Online blackjack can be for some players profitable and exciting at the same time, but if you don’t pay attention and decide to play without having a good knowledge of the game’s rules, you might take a great risk. Especially if you play for real money.
The first thing to do, is to choose in which online casino you wan to play online blackjack.
Blackjack is a rather simple card game: as you learned reading the rules, the only objective of the game is to come close or have 21 points, without going over 21, but in any case have a higher total of points than the dealer.
Before receiving any cards, the players must place the bets. After this stage the player gets two cards facing up. The dealer receives himself two cards. If the value of the player’s cards is 21 or close to 21, the winner is the player. In case the dealer’s cards value go over 21, the players also wins, of course if the player himself does not bust.
How do you start a game of online blackjack?
1. The bet: to make a bet you have to click on the value you want to bet.
2. Deal: Press the deal button to start the game if you have placed your bet. You will receive two cards facing up so is the dealer.
3. Hit: You must decide if you want another card. You can take a hit any time you want before you stand.
4. Stand: You stand when you decide to keep your hand. The game will stop automatically if your total value of cards is 21.
5. Split – If your first two cards have the same value, for example 7 and 7, these cards can be split into two separate hands, but only if you make another bet of the same value as the first one.
You can have up to three hands at the same time. You must draw cards then, as you usually do when you have only one hand, but with these exceptions :
Exception 1: if you have two Aces (A) and you decide to split them, you must know that you will receive only one additional card for each hand you have.
Exception2: if you make a total of cards of 21 after splitting your Aces, is consideredthat you have 21, but not blackjack.
Said that, let’s continue with the remaining options:
6. Double: If you already received the first two cards at the beginning of the game and you are absolutely sure that the third card will give you a chance to beat the dealer’s hand, you can choose to double down.
This means that your initial bet will be doubled , and you will receive an additional card. This hand stands automatically , and the dealer complete his hand and then compares his hand with the one the player has.
7. Blackjack: You achieve it when your first two cards received have a total value of 21. Blackjack beats 21 anytime, because 21 can be achieved with three cards or even more.
8. Bust: As you already know this is not a very good thing in blackjack, but it happens. When? Well, when you go over 21 it means that you busted. If you bust you will lose your bet , but in case the dealer busts, he wins the pot. Not really fair, but these are the rules of the game.
9. Push: This happens when you and the dealer have the exact same card value, for example you both have 19. In this case there is no winner, and you can take back your bet.
10. Surrender: If you want to surrender you can only do it after you have been dealt the first two cards, after this stage is not possible.
And if you choose to do so after glimpsing at your cards you will receive half your bet, the other half goes to the house.
11. The Insurance: This is a chance for you for protection when you think that the dealer has Blackjack.In case the first card of the dealer is an Ace,and you believe that the other card of the dealer might be a 10, you can purchase an insurance, only if you place another bet, half of the first one.
If you were right and the dealer had blackjack, the insurance pays you 2 to 1, almost your initial wager. In case you were wrong and the dealer does not have blackjack, you will lose your insurance.